The “Changed Children” Project is an initiative of Foundation for Turning Community Concern into Citizen Action in Nigeria Project. CCP is focusing on what the Almajiri children need to survive and have opportunities to lead stable, rewarding lives. CCP is advocating for the rights of the Almajiri children to survive; to be safe; to belong; and to develop.
- Argue for the elimination of the most hazardous and exploitative forms of children’s words
- Advocate for support of Almajiris’ schools, the root cause of children needing to work
- Highlight the need to improve children’s rights for appropriate education, healthcare and recreation to all concerned actors
- Ensure that Almajiris children have the opportunity to play an active role in making decisions that affect their lives
- Developing a way to build good and healthy relationship between the Almajiris children, other children and the communities at large
- Challenging discrimination
- Co-coordinating family tracing and reunification programmes for the Almajiris families so reducing the risks faced by the Almajiris.
CCP believes in SAVE THE CHILDREN vision that all children are equally entitled to have rights; and promoting children’s rights to children provides a platform for healthy personal development and respect for the civil and political forces that underpin stable societies.
The project outcomes provided sevices for Almajiri children, such as informal education, free health care and intellectual recreation activities.
The CCP education is aimed at preparing the Almajiri’s child for responsible life in a free society, in the spirit of understanding, peace, tolerance, equality of sexes and friendship among all peoples, ethnic, national and religious groups and persons of indigenous origin.
Sorry, there were no forum topics found.
Sorry, there was no activity found. Please try a different filter.
This is a private project. To join you must be a registered site member and request project membership.